TRANSPORTATION: High Frequency Transit, Safer Streets, Regional Planning
Safe, efficient, and useful public transit that goes where people need it and long term regional transportation planning.
- Improve public transit with a focus on ridership and high frequency service.
- Work with our public school and colleges to provide supplemental transportation options.
- Provide fare free or reduced cost options for students, school employees, health care providers and veterans.
- Implement “Complete Streets” policies for all county roads.
COMMUNITY HEALTH: Affordable Housing, Social Services, Arts & Culture
Improving access to quality affordable housing, social health care services, and activities that enrich both minds and bodies.
- Support higher density, lower parking minimums, and easier zoning codes to make building more affordable.
- Implement a new definition to “affordability” that includes transportation costs and nearby resources – not just rent.
- Protect and expand early child-care services, youth programs, and young-adult care.
- Expand access to recreational assets through Tide To Town program.
- Invest in cultural and social services that engage youth and promote community identity and strength.
- Fight for prison healthcare reform and oversight in Chatham County.
RESILIENCE: Climate Change, Emergency Response, Small Business Protection
Investing in long term planning and protections to prepare Chatham County for the environmental, social, and economic challenges of the 21st century.
- Work towards a healthy relationship between the County and ALL municipalities.
- Push for a “container tax” or similar revenue generator for all cargo received at the port to fund long term investments in our community.
- Invest in technologies that shorten down-time after disasters occur.
- Provide assistance to small businesses and community organizations challenged by emergencies and disasters.